Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Zikhron Ya'Akov

This morning I dropped Ken off at work and headed towards Binyamina. Rachel (who is out on maternity leave, and the reason Ken is here) invited me to come visit and take a side trip to Zikhron Ya'Akov. I found her place with no problems at all :-) We visited/waited till her baby was up from a nap and then we traveled to this cute little town. We walked up and down mainstreet and looked at the shops. Lots of ecclectic things to look at. There were also a lot of art galleries. Cute little place. It was nice to spend the morning with Rachel. She knows English very well. Her baby (Maya) slept most of the time... well until we started to eat lunch of course. The drive back was nice and I plan to relax inside this afternoon.

2 comments:

Diane said...

wow: what a great day to have nothing MAJOR happen to you.
Sounds like you are getting more accustomed to the area. we want more pictures please.......mom

Kirsten said...

Hi Sarah,
I have just read ALL your postings and I enjoyed it so much. It made me homesick to read about all the places that I know so well and it also reminded me of when I first came to Israel. I did have an advantage over you in that I spoke Hebrew but I can still relate to many of your experiences.
You have seen a lot of places in the Northern part of Israel already and I am now waiting to hear what you will think of Tel Aviv/Jaffo - not to mention Jerusalem, the Dead Sea and the Negev.
Keep writing.
Warm regards,
Kirsten