Thursday, June 5, 2008

Online

Hello from the office. It's 10pm. We took a nap around 5pm and are now wide awake. Getting on the right timezone may prove more challenging then I thought. We've mostly unpacked our suitcases. It looks like one of Ken's shoes is the only casualty of the TSA inspection. I'm not sure what they would do with one Nike shoe, but I suppose if that is the only thing missing we are doing okay. The apartment is spacious and has AC! It was 36c today. I'll have to look up the conversion from C to F again. Regardless, it was quite warm. We also took a trip to the grocery store. I was appalled to find out that I spent 126 shekels and all I got was some cereal, hummus, pita, spaghetti noodles & sauce, and toilet paper. It was about $40 US which is more than I've ever spent at one grocery store. (Yes, I'm the one who goes to each grocery store and spends $10 at each. Ken is always telling me I spend more in gas than if I just went to one store.) Looks like I will be changing my habits at least while we are in Israel. So far Ken has been braving the traffic here, since it's later in the day maybe I'll try and drive home.

1 comment:

AnnieK said...

Hey there pretty lady - I have been enjoying your adventures. Sounds like things are going well and you guys are settling in. Interesting that they one kept one shoe. Played volleyball yesterday w/the guys - Ana did play. Raining today!!

I would love to see pictures if you can load them or send. You keep blogging and I will keep praying for you both. Hope you make lots of friends over there and have many wonderful experiences.

Love & hugs,
AnnieK