Sunday, June 8, 2008

Morning Walk

This morning we took a walk down the hill and came to a bakery. It smelled so good we decided to go inside. They had all sorts of pastries and breads. We asked if they spoke English and they just laughed at us (in a nice way). We chose 3 pastries again not sure what the price was (I think we need to just get over how much things cost here). The triangle shaped one, looked like it had a light chocolate dusting on top. After biting into it and tasting something like Hummus I traded with Ken :-) The second one was small with powder sugar on it (lemon filling). It was quite messy to eat, but this was my favorite. The third was a big square shaped pastry with powder sugar. Again messy, but yummy.

If you were to ask me where I live I would say up the hill, just past the patch of trees. Ken doesn't think that is really descriptive, and maybe it isn't but I'm not sure what else to use as a landmark. It's not really a big patch of trees, but it's better than saying past the green trash dumpster :-)

No comments: