Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Something to be thankful for

On Tuesday I headed to visit a gal who is also here with her husband (she has a 2 & 4 yr old as well). They plan to be here for a year and they are from Hillsboro. I had the best time swapping "moving to Israel" stories ,traded ideas about what to make for dinner, and lamented the price of things here. Actually I just stole her ideas for dinner... she's been here since March and has had more time to come up with ideas. It was her first day with both kids in summer school so we enjoyed a nice quiet house until lunch time. For lunch we decided to head to IKEA. Yep, they have one here, and I asked her if they have their swedish meatballs. Mmmmmm. Probably my second best meal here in Israel (now you know how good I cook :-) Anyway, we had a terrific day. I was there till about 3pm when it was time to head back and pick Ken up from work. Oh yes... and the thing I was most thankful for (beyond the wonderful day with someone who knew exactly where I was coming from) was that they have experienced lizards, cockroaches and even a snake! in there house on a intermittent basis!!!!! Thankfully we haven't seen any of those... and I now have an incentive for keeping the screen door shut!

No comments: