Sunday, July 6, 2008

Shopping

Today the neighbor kids invited me to go the grocery store with them so I could become more familiar with what to buy. It seemed really nice of them, so after swimming I went with them. I didn't realize I would be gone for 4 hours!!! We walked through the entire store and they described to me what each item was, what it compared to in the US (from their visit 4 years ago), and what dishes they make with it. It was quite a tour. It was actually fun and I'm glad I went.

Ken was out picking onions today. I guess they had a team building/community service event. I'll be anxious to hear how that went :-) It seemed really hot outside when I was out today. It's only 95 but the humidity makes it seem hotter.

1 comment:

Matthew and Stephanie said...

Onion picking??? That is a new one! Won't find that one in a US Human Resource team building book. You should make Ken write his own blog entry on that one! How fun to have been adopted by teenagers!I'm sure this is just the start of many such experiences. You'll meet some of their friends soon I bet. Good thing you're exercising with 15 course meals and such. :-p