Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Computer is on!

It's been running for more than 5 minutes... I think I'm getting my hopes up that it is fixed :-)

I made cookies last night. Ken has been craving something sweet. I finally found all the ingredients at the store so I gave it a try. I was a little skeptical when I tasted the dough, but once they came out of the oven we couldn't stop eating them!!!! I tried to get Ken to take them to work to share but didn't win that battle. I put them in the freezer, maybe that way we won't eat all of them by the end of today.

Success! I found a place to park down by the market :-) It was a bit of a struggle getting downtown on the right street but I was able to find an excellent parking spot within 2 blocks. I purchased my fresh veggies, fruit, and juice and was done within 30 minutes! And it only cost 2 shekels to park vs the 11 shekels to ride the subway. I'm hoping it will be that easy next time.

As I was washing dishes last night our water turned off for no apparent reason. I decided to wait a bit and come back about an hour later. It seemed to be back on, so I started washing dishes again and then this nasty rusty brownish water came out of the spout..... uggh. I think it's better today, but I'm a little nervous about drinking water out of the tap now.

The highlight of my day yesterday was a gift of two blocks of cheese! One of the other expats are on home leave in the states and the husband brought us back some cheese!!! WE ARE SO EXCITED! We are looking forward to tacos tonight :-)

Hoping this post goes through....

1 comment:

Diane said...

yes, the post went through..... wow its amazing how we get use to the things we have here in the US like cheese. and at a cheep price compaired to Israel and Peru. I think you may be higher priced than Micah. And 30 min to do your shopping thats great....you make it sound like going to Fred Meyer. one stop shopping...keep up the blog. we read it daily......mom