Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Chocolate creations


What a fun afternoon. My new friends (our neighbors) the Bears, invited me over for the afternoon to make chocolates with them. The kids apparently took to chocolate making a few years ago during the war when they had to stay inside and close to a bomb shelter at all times. They had recently taken a class and bought the ingredients and now had the time to perfect this confectionary hobby. They had a few different molds and had already created the ganache filling by the time I came over. After eating lunch (lentil soup- yum, schnitzel- the best I've had in Israel! and potatoes sauteed in garlic) we started on filling the chocolate molds. I was there for over 4 hours! It was messy and a lot of fun. Unfortunately I'm not sure how much chocolate I ate. They kept saying try this filling and handed me a spoon and then there were the finished products that needed to be sampled for quality assurance. I'll try to post a picture when Ken's laptop becomes available.

1 comment:

Shalisa said...

Yum! I think you should be getting recipes so us over here can make some too! :)