Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A good day

Today has been a good day. The diaper rash appears to be getting better. I finally called the Advice Nurse and she said stop using baby wipes, give him a bath in soda water two times a day and use bag balm instead of diaper ointment. So far its looking promising :-) Today I got a 30 minute nap when Nathaniel was napping! Hooray! When he woke up he started to fuss a bit, so we decided to go for a walk. We walked up to the Athletic Club on the corner only to find that I didn't have my membership card. We have yet to take our picture for their files so that when we forget our card they can wave us through without any hassles. The lady was really nice about it though and let us in :-) We walked around the track for a while and then headed home. In the lobby though there was a massage therapist who offered a complimentary massage... hmmm this is the first massage I've been able to have in 10 months. No one would give me a massage in Israel because I was pregnant :-(. So Nathaniel waited patiently (well mostly) while I received a fabulous back rub. I think this lady deserves a special designation on her business card. She not only gave me a phenomenal back rub but when Nathaniel started to fuss she kept him busy by rocking the stroller with her foot! That's TALENT! Anyway, it was a nice afternoon.

4 comments:

amy in peru said...

Oh, that IS the life...

You don't know how good you've got it!!! Okay, so maybe you have an idea, but you'd better love your life, girl!!! I MISS you guys and that baby and just being there!!!

Love you lots,
Amy

ps. my word verification is natompa... maybe that's what I should call nate for a nickname... ;)

red-headed Wilson's said...

I am glad you got a good day in. A backrub sounds fab! Thanks for updating your blog so regularly. I look forward to it.

Shalisa said...

I want to come live with you and have a nice place to go just down the street. :) Lots of good things about living in the city...of course I'm not complaining. A walk to the lake and a swing is just as nice, but a place indoors is so welcomed during these winter months, especially one that gives out massages!

Are you wearing little Nathaniel? I'd love to make you either a ring sling or a mai tai if you find you enjoy it and you'd like either of those items. If I could do it all over again, I'd probably go with a mai tai most of the time, however a ring sling is simpler and easier at first for the hesitant wearer.

momaof4 said...

That is great!!! What a nice lady and she must know about babies and how Moms just need a break even for 5 minutes.

Take lots of naps girl. I never did, till the kids were older, but I wish I had made myself when they were little and busy.

HUGS