Monday, March 9, 2009

Wraps

I have been trying to get up the courage to use this "Moby Wrap" which one of my friends made for me. Basically it's a long piece of fabric that you can wrap around yourself a million times and then put your baby between yourself and the fabric and walk around with your hands free. My sis-in-law (Amy) had one with Mya and seemed to like it a lot, another friend (Jenn) highly recommended it, and my friend Bonnie liked hers so much she made one for me so I thought I would try it out. I've had a couple of tutorials and used a Cabbage Patch kid for practice. I felt a lot more comfortable stuffing a doll into the wrap than Nathaniel who is much more wobbly and vocal about me maneuvering him. Anyway, yesterday Ken went to play racquetball with a couple of friends and I thought here is an opportunity! It was such a nice sunny spring day and so I wrapped myself up and then had Ken spot me while we put Nathaniel in it. So Nate and I spent the afternoon walking up to the club and then around the track... every once in a while we stopped by the racquetball courts to watch Daddy play. I was starting to get tired after about an hour of walking around the track and we started to head for home. Wait a minute those clouds look ominous. Hmmm. Can I make it home before the rains? Probably shouldn't risk it. It's one thing if I get wet and soaked, but Nathaniel is probably not going to take it as easily as I can. So we went back inside and walked around a bit more. The nice thing about Portland is if you don't like the weather just wait a few minutes and it might change for you. We walked home under beautiful blue skies with a few white puffy clouds.

3 comments:

Shalisa said...

Yeah! Good for you. Fussy babies tend to enjoy being worn a lot. I find it easier to get the groceries bought that way too. :) Did your clouds bring you snow? We've had snow 3 times here in the last 2 days.

momaof4 said...

Mine are a bit to old. But we did a whole class on them at MOPS (Mothers of pre-schoolers) and the Moms LOVED them. They are all wearing their little ones now. :)
I hope it works for you.

Hollace said...

Love your blog about raising baby. My kids were in a "Snuggly" which was the new wave then. People at the chapel complained 'cause they didn't see the kids 'til they were 6 months old!