Sunday, March 15, 2009

Out to lunch

Today we thought we would treat ourselves and go out to lunch. When we got to the restaraunt our little Mr. Fussy Pants was starting to wake up. I changed his diaper hoping that was his problem (I just fed him an hour ago) and then we sat down at the table. Menus in hand, the fussing continued.... Maybe we were too brave to think we could have a sit down dinner at a nice restaraunt. We've been trading off on holding him during our dinners at home, so I'm not sure why we thought it would be different when we were out and about. Actually, I had hoped he would be asleep while we ate. Ken asked to be sat in a place where we wouldn't bug other customers... apparently the 16 yr. old that was seating people was not in tune with what that meant. We were sitting in the only area of the restaraunt with other customers! With the cries becoming louder and louder I thought surely we were going to have to have them box everything up and take it to go. Then I had a fleeting thought. I had a baby bjorn carrier in the car. Maybe we could stick him in that while we ate... granted it made my eating a little more difficult... but we were both able to eat our lunch hands free. Today I'm loving the baby bjorn!

1 comment:

Shalisa said...

Wearing baby is the ONLY way I ate out. Actually, at 14 months I still sometimes wear Annora at a restaurant. Front carry can get messy. Once I dropped chocolate pudding on Annora's head :) Haha! I HIGHLY recommend a mei tai or ergo so you can back carry. Way more convenient for eating out. Solves the pudding problem ;)I'll have to make you something cause it sounds like you'll get lots of use out of it.