Thursday, March 5, 2009

One month old

Our precious little gift turned 1 month today. I can hardly believe it's been 4 weeks. My how time flies! We weighed him at the clinic today and he is... drumroll please.... 9 lb 13oz!!!!! What a big boy! Ken mentioned the other day the carseat felt heavier. Um, it's not the car seat that's gaining weight.

I was thinking about his birth day (which seems like yesterday)and that warm slimy boy they put on my chest a month ago. It may sound gross, but it's a sweet memory to me. I didn't spend too much time thinking about the contractions and labor itself... they tell me it's supposed to fade from my memory.

This week we tried out the "New Moms Group" offered by Providence to all who have had babies within the last 6 months. New moms are constantly coming into the group and old moms (with babies older than 6 months) exit the group and start a smaller play group. Anyway, a few of my friends have tried the group out and had great reviews I actually have a few friends in the mommy stage right now and don't really feel like I need to make more friends but thought I should at least go once and check it out. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the group. The facilitator was a trained lactation consultant/Doula and had great insight to some of the questions that the new moms had. I think it will be beneficial to continue attending. I did meet some nice gals too. For now I think it will be my Monday "social outlet".

Today we went to a lactation consultant to see if there is anyway to improve comfort during feeding time. The lady we saw was super helpful and gave us a few pointers which will hopefully pay off in the coming days/weeks.

My aunt took a few pictures of us the other night. I loved this one the most.

2 comments:

Gail Rickert said...

What a precious picture. You are doing good Sarah. It is hard work but so worth it.

Shalisa said...

You are a sweet family :)

You need MOPS. I highly recommend finding a group, in your area there are groups all over, maybe one just down the street. Go to their website to find a group. I started going to my group when I was just pregnant, so you don't have to wait till you have a preschooler. (mothers of preschoolers is what MOPS stands for)