Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Done!

What a crazy week! The counter tops are finally in and I feel like I have a completely different kitchen. The contractors seemed extremely competent and skillful and we felt like we were in good hands ...even if I was a little frustrated about them arriving 2 hours late on Thursday! Miscommunication :-(.

I didn't take an official before shot but here is what the kitchen used to look like (taken when we painted last fall).

Top Counter/Bar has been removed...

Counter tops have been removed...

Backsplash being laid out...

Beautiful Counters!!!!

Another shot of our new kitchen!!!!


Now to put everything back in its place...I wish I could say the house will be clean now for a while... but Ken is ready to start the upstairs door replacement and floor moulding project. Uggh. I keep telling myself how nice it will look... and that we will finally be able to shut Nathaniel's door fully (it's warped and needs a pretty decent tug to open and or close it).

Come on over for a visit and see the new counters!!!

3 comments:

Matthew and Stephanie said...

It looks great! Good call on getting rid of the "bar" now you just need a nice plant for the end corner and a cookie jar :-p I like your backslash!

Wendi said...

Gorgeous! I love your kitchen. You did a very nice job! We just finished our kitchen a couple of weeks ago. We'd love to have you over soon.

amy in peru said...

yay! I love the colors!

now you're going to have to keep that sink empty and clean!

love you.

wish I could run my hand along it and enjoy it with you ;)