Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I think he's coming...

Today has been quite a day. It started at 3am with a small water leak. Not quite sure if my water broke I decided to go back to sleep. An hour later.... time to go again...Hmmmm. I don't seem to be having contractions as well. Could this be the day? What was I supposed to do if my water broke? Call the Dr or wait till contractions pick up. I really expected my water to be in tact until I was dilated to 8cm so I guess I hadn't paid close enough attention. Anyway, we got out our notes and decided to call the Dr. They wanted us to come in and made an appointment for us for 11am. Since we were up we decided to start the day off right... at McDs :-) Hey, you never know when your next gourmet meal will be.

The Dr. appointment went well. They hooked me up to a bunch of monitors and listened to Nathaniel's heartbeat and monitored my contractions while they weren't intense, which were closer together than I realized. The "non-stress test" went well and Nathaniel had excellent results. So we were given the option to go straight to the hospital and start induction or go home and see if contractions start on their own within 24 hours. We chose the later option. Contractions have kicked in and picked up throughout the afternoon but I haven't had that "we better get to the hospital" feeling yet. So Nathaniel has until tomorrow morning before we kick him out.

6 comments:

Wendi said...

Sarah,
Thanks for the update! We can't wait to see pictures!
Good Luck!
Wendi

Shalisa said...

Yeah! Come on Nathaniel!

Diane said...

Oma and Papa can't wait to see you... Your doing great Sarah..I'm proud of you.....mom

Gail Rickert said...

I suspect that by today you are proud parents of little Nathanial. I pray all went well. Anxious to hear the update. Enjoy this moment in time. Love, Gail

momaof4 said...

So I am a bit behind!! Hope all went or is going good!!

Praying for you.

Diane said...

I wish I could send pictures to all the bloggers

jdtuttle75@hotmail.com