Tuesday, February 17, 2009

More Mommy Medals

First medal for getting out and about by myself for an hour yesterday! Ken encouraged me to take some time off and so I went and gassed up the car and ducked into Fred Meyer for a few minutes. It seemed to go really well. Meanwhile at home Daddy and Nathaniel were fast asleep. They didn't even know I was gone!

Second medal for leaving Nathaniel with a sitter for about 1.5 hours. Ever year we take Ken's neices out to dinner for their birthday. Laurel's birthday was a week ago and we had to postpone dinner until yesterday. She chose to go to Red Robin and we decided that it would probably be healthy for me to let Ken's sister babysit while we were out. It sounds like he did just fine. We came home and he was sound asleep. She said he had been awake for about 45 minutes and the other cousins (7 and 3yrs) enjoyed watching him and interacting with him. At dinner I kept asking Ken if I should call and check in on them but we resisted the urge. He did just fine... and I got to hold him when we arrived back at their house.

Two big steps for me before he was two weeks old!

1 comment:

red-headed Wilson's said...

I remember going to our first movie out. I was so paranoid. And when the movie started it was so loud I remembering thinking "TURN THAT DOWN, my baby is sleeping." Of course she wasn't there. But those times away are good for us. I had a hard time leaving her over night until Etahn was born and then after there was two of them I never really felt so bad anymore. I figured they had each other.

Wear that badge proudly!