Sunday, January 11, 2009

A day with my brother

This weekend we took my little Honda Civic up to my brother's house. Hoping he could help us with two little "issues". We've had multiple people tell us that our muffler needs replacing over the last year or so. Jeremy agreed to take a look at it and ended up fixing it for us. Wow, our quality of life just went up without that lawnmower sound everytime we drive around town. Turns out all those people were right, we did have a hole in our muffler. Our second issue was the lack of sound coming from our radio. This last summer while we were gone, our car battery died so we had it replaced. Apparently if you remove your battery from the car, the anti theft feature will activate causing the sound in the stereo to be cut off. In order to fix this little problem you need the serial number on the stereo which is mounted into your dashboard. We asked Jeremy if he could get at that serial number so we could call the Honda dealer with it and in return get our secret code to reinitiate our stereo. I thought it would be a quick pop-out-the-stereo job, but the next thing I knew I was in the back seat of the car holding the glove box and the dashboard covers. I've never seen the insides of my car like that! I kept asking him if he was keeping track of the ever increasing pile of screws that was beginning to overflow the cupholders. Does my younger brother really know what he is doing? Apparently not... he called one of his buddies. Actually he did really well, but his buddy knew a lot about this specific make/model and was of great assistance. I felt bad for all the ways Jeremy had to maneuver under the dashboard. It looked pretty uncomfortable being upside down for long periods of time. Surprisingly though, all the pieces went back together and our emergency lights, heater knobs all seem to be working properly, and there were no left over screws. Now we need to call the dealer and get our security code. I'm exhausted!

No comments: