Sunday, January 11, 2009

Baby Shower

This weekend my cousin threw a baby shower for me. I was a little concerned when I heard that a few people didn't even get their invitations (ie. my sis-in-law). I was glad I had briefly mentioned it to her at Christmas. I think the mail was really slow especially with all the winter weather over the last two weeks. Anyway, we had a really fun "tea time" and each of the guests made a little onesie for Nathaniel. They are really cute. I really hope he can fit into the newborn size they say they will fit up to 8lbs.



My mom also made this cake out of rolled up diapers. It looked amazing. I'm feeling a little better about having things ready. Well, maybe not everything is in it's proper place but we at least have the essentials. Now I just need to put that carseat (borrowed) back together which I took apart to wash the straps.

We had another birthing class this weekend. I'm not sure if it is making me more comfortable or more unsettled about what will take place in the next few weeks. These videos can be a bit disturbing. We had a Dr. Appointment on Friday and everything went well. She thought he was about 7lbs... but it was a total guess from across the room. No scientific facts to back her up. I hear that they don't really know and can be off 2 lbs either way. They actually said I've lost 5lbs since my last visit two weeks ago, which really doesn't make sense to me... I feel like I've been eating everything in site. The baby's heart sounded good and the Dr. is so calm and reassuring. I think we are going to make it! Can't wait to have little Nathaniel here, I'm interested in meeting his little foot that is constantly trying to push his way out my right side. He's still moving a lot. I didn't sleep at all last night. Guess I'm getting prepared for his arrival :-)

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Hi Sarah,
Wish I could have joined in the baby shower fun. Your mom sent a picture of the "diaper cake". It was adorable! We miss you so much here. Security has been tightening up. Laura's school hasn't allowed the children to go outside since the rockets can over from Lebanon. Can't wait to hear some good news (and pictures).
Love,
Wendi