Sunday, February 7, 2010

Crazy week!

Last week was just crazy for us. Nathaniel had a 105 temperature for 4 days which made for sleepless nights and getting almost nothing done during the days. With laundry piling up, dishes in the sink and no food in the refridgerator, my mom came to the rescue. Thanks MOM! I love you!!!! Thursday we went to the Dr and found out Nate had a virus and that we needed to just wait it out. It was an emotionally draining week, somehow we survived. Nathaniel turned 1 on Friday. Daddy and I sang Happy birthday to him multiple times... He loved it and looked so proud. Mom had got balloons for his party. He loves balloons and enjoyed them quite a bit (I thought they might pop before the party!).

Saturday we had a low-key party... well at least that's what I thought it would be as I hadn't really heard if many people were coming. Besides, for Ken's sake I told him it was going to be low-key... just family and a few friends... sub sandwiches and cake. Well, we were blessed with a huge turn out... everyone must love Nathaniel! I thnk we had almost 50 people here!!!! And mom helped out with the food so we had plenty.

I was a bit nervous Nathaniel wouldn't know what to do if we put a cake infront of him (because he usually likes us to feed him and if I try to put food in his hands he puts his hands behind his back and just opens his mouth). I had purchased a little cake from Safeway (Ken said I was lame because it was carrot cake) and they wrote Happy Birthday Nate on it. We sang to him and I put it on his tray. He dove straight into it and I think he ate all the frosting first. He just went to town on it... and probably would have been there for another 30 minutes if we hadn't finally pulled him out of his chair and cleaned him off. Note to self: Carrot cake has both nuts and raisins... maybe not the best for a little guy. Oops! Glad he's not allergic!





The whole party there were about 10 kids (ages 7 and under) in the living room playing with Nathaniel's toys. It was a busy busy afternoon. Nathaniel also enjoyed opening presents. He had more fun I think than at Christmas time when he was just learning how to unwrap gifts. We were blessed with many toys.


Nathaniel was so overwhelmed and was really ready for his afternoon nap by 2:30. He said goodby to his guests and then immediately crashed in his bed for 3 HOURS!!!! Quite the afternoon nap! It was a fun day.

Today, we are still recovering...

1 comment:

Shalisa said...

He's really 1 already!!? What a fun celebration!