Sunday, February 28, 2010

5 hours later...


After arriving home (just before 2pm) from the retreat we gathered our "stuff" and headed to the Mazda dealership. Ken did some more negotiating over the weekend and so we were on our way. We did yet another test drive and then began "the paperwork". Nathaniel did pretty good for the first few hours playing on the floor around us. Apparently the office was understaffed and there were two other couples buying cars in front of us so we waited and waited and waited. Around dinner time the Mazda staff ordered pizza. I was thinking it was rather torturous to have to sit there and smell the pizza while we waited, but they actually came out and brought us a piece and offered us Coke too! Have you ever heard of that? Now the pizza was Pineapple and Jalepeno but it was still something to eat. Nathaniel loved the crust. At 5:30 Ken had to leave for a racquetball game, so Nathaniel and I stayed behind to finish the paperwork. We waited and waited and waited some more. Uggh! We finally drove out of there with our new car just after 7pm! Just before I got in the driver seat I said, who wants the money? I hadn't yet paid for the car, and they almost let me drive away. I guess the guy doing the paperwork was frazzled by his busy day and forgot to actually take my money. Sheesh! I'm sure they would have caught up to me since they had all our information. So now we are a Mazda5 owner! It's actually smaller than our Honda Accord and only has 10 miles on it (7 of which I put on it). Zoom Zoom Zoom

2 comments:

Shalisa said...

That's a long wait with a little guy! He must have been a real trooper. I've heard of people taking their small children with them to the dealership to try and speed things along...apparently didn't work this time :)

amy in peru said...

yay! looks awesome!