Thursday, July 9, 2009

All aboard...Train to Seattle

Tuesday my sis-in-law said she was going to take her girls on the train to see Nana. She was going to drop them off for the weekend and then ride the train back down by herself. Nathaniel and I decided to join them. I've never been on the train and thought Nathaniel would love it so we woke up at 5:30am and got ready for the day. We caught the MAX train at 7am from the Sunset Transit Center and headed downtown to the train station. I was hoping Nathaniel would be sleepy and go back to sleep but he was wide eyed with all the new things to look at. He loved the MAX train and all the lights in the tunnel. And of course he loved smiling at all the other passengers. Once we made it downtown we looked for a bus to catch down to the train station and found the #9 took us straight there. We were early for our departure time, but I had no idea how much time it would take us and I wasn't about to run with a baby to catch the train like I would if I were on my own. Anyway, we got our seat assignments and waited for the conductor to say "All Aboard!"


The first train stop was in Vancouver where Norine and the girls joined us. The 3.5 hour train ride was fun. Nathaniel slept a bit and his cousins had fun holding him (Keely is 8 and Lilli is 3). In Seattle Nana was waiting for us. We walked a few blocks to a concert in the park and found some sandwiches to eat at a local cafe. Nathaniel got a little snuggle time in with Nana before they had to take off.


Norine and I had another hour or so before boarding the train again so we found a coffee shop. The train ride home felt longer, probably because we were tired. How can we be tired we just sat all day? We made it back to Vancouver and said goodbye to Aunt Norine and then continued on to Portland. Getting home was a bit more challenging. I didn't find any buses from the train station back to the MAX train so we walked. Oh my back was tired! We made it though by 7:15 we were back at home. Now what's for dinner?

No comments: