Wednesday, June 3, 2009

1 year ago today...

We walked off a plane in Tel Aviv and began an exciting adventure living in another country.

My favorite places:
Jerusalem: The Garden Tomb outside the city
Dead Sea: En Gedi Nature Park
Golan: Nimrod's Fortress
Haifa: Wendi's house and the beach
Ceasarea: The beach

Food I miss the most:
Shwarma
Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
Watermelon
Doron's BBQ
Shabbat Dinner at the Shermans

I had no idea how hard it would be.... and now how sad it is to be away. I love home and love being back in Portland. But we think about Israel often and have very good memories. We are hoping to have a visitor next week, one of our neighbors will be on a business trip for a day or two in our area. We are looking forward to having dinner with him. Anyway, it's hard to imagine it has been a year already. In some ways it seems like yesterday... but we have a four month old and we didn't even know about him a year ago, so it can't be yesterday. Okay so you can tell how much sleep I've gotten lately by my babbling. Time for my morning nap with Nathaniel :-)

1 comment:

Wendi said...

We miss you. Wish you were here. The water is warming up.