Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Zoo

Monday was a busy day. Nathaniel and I met a good friend from high school at the zoo with her two kids. We were actually ready for the zoo at 8:30 but I guess it doesn't open till 9 so we met at a park by the Rose Gardens up there. The kids played, Nathaniel took his morning nap. Mandi and I enjoyed the sunshine and our friendship. Then off to the zoo. It was so crowded. I would say "it was a zoo" but you might say really? what did you expect? Anyway, lots of field trips first thing on Mondays. I ran into a gal I met through Mom's Group and another gal from church. Yes I'm just like my mom and seem to run into people I know at large venues. I think I'm getting off track here. This was actually Nathaniel's second trip to the zoo. The first was pretty cold and he slept in the stroller most of the time about a month ago. This time Nathaniel was wide awake and taking everything in. I carried him in the front pack so he could see well. We actually only made it through the Pacific Northwest exhibit, the Giraffe, and fed the birds before it was 11:30 and time to go to our Moms Group. Nathaniel was totally exhausted from all the stimulus and slept most of the afternoon.
PS. I think the zoo in TelAviv is better. I wish Nathaniel could see that one! Maybe someday.

No comments: