Thursday, May 14, 2009

Queen of Sheba

Saturday I went to the spa for my Mother's Day treat. I chose the Chocolate Papaya Mud Wrap.... sounded interesting. It was not what I expected but still delightful. I kept imagining the Queens and Princesses of old who probably had similar treatments with spices and oils. Listen to this description: This unique treatment, world-renowned for its beneficial properties, pulls out impurities and nourishes the skin and body. Our encounter begins by lathering a fusion of warmed mud, chocolate and papaya. Your relaxation continues while the therapist gently massages your scalp and temples. We then complete this experience by gently working Shea butter into your skin, leaving you with a tranquil, refreshed feeling.

Basically they had me lie down in a tanning bed sort of machine, blended a mixture of chocolate, papaya and mud and massaged it into my skin, then turned on the steam so I felt like I was in a sauna and massaged my head. Then they turned on the sprayer which rinsed me off and then gave me another massage with a nice lotion. It was very nice and relaxing.

1 comment:

red-headed Wilson's said...

I have always wanted to do a massage. Was it weird at all?

Our library does not have the cultural pass program. I sure wish it did. I know there are many libraries across the country that do things like that. I may try to write and see if they can look into adding it.

I would love to get together with you sometime. But here is the thing, I got my license two and a half years ago and you would think I would love it but I HATE To drive. I actually have never driven on I-5 so if we could meet somewhere where I can drive backroads I would sure love to see you. :) I know, it is pathetic.