Tuesday, April 7, 2009

2 month shots

Today was a pretty good day... up until our 2pm Dr. Appointment. Nathaniel started crying immediately when the Dr. came in. It was almost like he remembered her from the last visit when they poked him in the foot. He screamed the whole time she checked him out... she tried to ask me questions and I would have to ask her to repeat them because Nathaniel was so loud. So the Dr. visit was very short. I had just got him calmed down in my arms when the nurse came in with the shots to give him (one in each leg). The first one went okay, the second one caused more crying. I consoled him and he fell asleep in the car on the way home. Once we arrived at home he started crying and has been at it ever since... pausing breifly to close his eyes and rest before howling again. I finally gave him some infant tylenol. The directions do not tell you how much to give an infant under 2 so it took some time tracking that info down. He is now cuddling with Daddy. I think it might be a rough night. I wonder how long they are fussy after their shots?

2 comments:

Shalisa said...

My kids were usually fussy for the rest of the day, and slept a lot. But the next day was okay! Shots are sad :( But neccessary (depending on who you ask, haha!)

Hollace said...

Ouch! Poor little guy.