Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Safari Fun

We took a trip down South this weekend. I don't think I've ever been to Eugene and the Safari was another hour South of Eugene. I've heard great things about the Safari and was not disappointed at all. We had a blast... spent more $$$ than I anticipated but hey, we're on vacation! (The Safari gives Zoo members a 50% discount) We got up at our normal 5am and put the kids in the car thinking they would sleep on the way down. Nope. Oh well, guess we will stop for a nice breakfast :-) We reached the Safari about 10:30am and drove through the park. We saw lots of cool animals.










Afterwards we went into the village and signed up for both an elephant excursion and a giraffe excursion. Nathaniel has been asking me if he can pet the elephant at the Portland Zoo so I was very excited to actually give him an opportunity. Even Logan loved it. Nathaniel loved that the elephant waved to us with one leg.



Logan clapping for "Alice" the Elephant


Giraffe excursion. If I had to pick only one I would do this one again. So much fun. Nathaniel has NOT stopped talking about feeding the carrots, banana, and lettuce to the giraffe.






Petting Zoo. Inside the Safari Village was a "little zoo" with a few exhibits and a petting zoo. Nathaniel loved feeding the goats.


No comments: