Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Diggers!

Summertime is construction time! EVERY day we drive down the road and see diggers on our left and on our right. Nathaniel loves it! In fact if I'm trying to get him to sleep before we get home I often have to alter my route so that he doesn't see the diggers and stay awake with excitement. There was a broken record playing in the backseat..."mommy I want to sit on that digger. Next time stop and ask, maybe they say yes?" Nonstop! Might drive one crazy! I keep saying "yes, sweetheart if mom has to stop (ie. at a light) and they are stopped too I will ask." What are the chances of the planets aligning on this right? EVERY day since summer started (probably before that) we've had this conversation. I finally started thinking... he really wants to do this... how can I help make it happen (yes, it did cross my mind that the incessant asking might stop if we can fulfill this request). Think Momma think! Oh yes! A friend of a friend's family owns a construction business, maybe they would let us go look at one of their diggers. I happened to bump into Mr. Jim the next Sunday at church and he said he had lots of grand kids and was happy to oblige. He and his son who works for the company gave Nathaniel the experience of a lifetime (at the age of 2 of course). He hasn't stopped talking about it! He got to sit in Jimmy's lap and drive the dump truck and then get in the digger and move a pile of dirt from the ground into the dump truck. Best day EVER!






The happiest boy on the planet (well at least today).

1 comment:

Hollace said...

You're such an understanding Mom, Sarah! That makes it a 'best day ever' memory for you, too. Fun to hear the story.