Sunday, August 30, 2009

SIL Birthday Party

Birthday season is approaching :-) Mine is in Sept, Amy's in Oct and Bethany's in Nov. Since Amy is in town we thought we would have a sis-in-law birthday party... Friday night we headed downtown to get pedicures. It was a little stressful getting down to the 23rd area and finding parking but we all made it close to 6pm. We had a wonderful time together and enjoyed the back massaging chairs we got to sit in. Then off to dinner. We walked a few blocks to Urban Fondue. I've never been to a fondue restaurant and thought it might be fun... and it was! We ordered dinner for two which was the perfect amount of food for us. We started with cheese fondue (bread and sausage to dip in) and then had two plates of meat and veggies to dip into a broth. We had little timers to tell us how long our meat/beef/seafood had been in the broth to make sure it was cooked to perfection. And there were 7 dipping sauces for us to try ... all of them were excellent. The final course was dessert.... a tray of cheesecake, cookie dough, and fresh fruit to dip into chocolate! MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. It was fabulous! I loved my birthday party!!!! I loved spending time with these terrific women that are now Tuttles :-) Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like to have a sister. Maybe not having one makes Sis-in-laws that much better.

PS. I forgot my camera... so Amy needs to send me a picture to post.

1 comment:

momaof4 said...

I LOVE my sister to death. But there is something special about SIL. They are friends and family, they get to be both. I love all of them like sweet friends.