Sunday, August 30, 2009

75 pounds of Peaches



Okay so I bit off a little more than I could chew. Nathaniel and I went to Jossy farms out in North Plains and picked peaches last week. It was delightful. Nathaniel had fun too. I had him in the front pack for awhile but then it seemed a bit dangerous as we ducked under branches to get the perfect peach.... so he had to sit in the car seat and just watch mom pick the peaches. It was a beautiful day.



We brought home the peaches and I got out the canning supplies. It quickly became apparent that 75 pounds was a little too many. I thought maybe I could can them all while Nathaniel was sleeping... but he didn't plan a nap into his day and every time I tried to put him down he would cry and cry "I'm not tired mom!". Ahhhh. Thankfully my friend Steph stopped by for a visit and was able to assist. I couldn't have finished without her!

Next time I need to remember only get 30 pounds of peaches.

1 comment:

momaof4 said...

YUM!!!!! We bought some this year, we just couldn't find the time to pack everyone up and go...and I was afraid of how many we would come home with, with 6 helpers!!! Looks yummy.