Friday, August 21, 2009

First Plane flight and First Wedding

I think we can say we are fully recovered now from our trip to the Midwest. My only complaint is that we gave Nathaniel his 6 month shots on the Tuesday before we left and so he was a bit under the weather for the flights. Even so, Nathaniel did really well on the plane flights... slept through most of them and we didn't have any blowouts to deal with. The wedding was fun too. These Midwesterners sure know how to party! He did have a blowout on dad at the wedding so we had to change into more casual clothes for the reception. Oh well. We tried to keep Nathaniel on Portland time which was actually harder than I thought. Sleeping in a different place kind of threw him off. But he acclimated back to Portland schedule fairly quickly this week.

This was the best trip for me.... I loved seeing family and being able to relax. I loved eating fresh corn from the farm, playing croquet and RISK and Settlers, getting my $1 15 minute back/foot massage from my cousins, seeing Grandma, eating, eating, eating. Its fun to see how my cousins have changed and grown over the years. I remember all my cousins when they were little babies (I think I was 6 when the first one was born) and now we have a baby of our own. Crazy how time flies! Nathaniel got to spend some quality time with his extended family and it also gave Ken and I a little rest. We stayed at Uncle Paul's house and I must say Anita did a fabulous job of taking care of us (plus the other ~20 guests). These four days went by way too fast. I wish we could be closer and visit more often.

1 comment:

Hollace said...

What a nice family blog. You should make sure Anita sees it, too.