Thursday, November 6, 2008

Showing up counts!

This week I made it to the gym every day (Sun-Thurs). I don't know why it's always a struggle to get there, because you always feel good once you've done your workout. Getting there.... it's a mental battle. Sunday was the first time I'd been there since September! I wondered if anybody had noticed I was gone (you know, all my friends over the age of 65). Some of them seem to squint at me as if I looked sort of familiar but they weren't quite sure (I think my new swimsuit and belly through them off). I said Boker Tov and they smiled back with a Hello, how are you? We did not know where you went! It was nice to be missed. The water aerobics class is a bit smaller than it was in the summertime, so you don't have to fight for space in the pool. Anyway, when I worked out in Portland one of my good friends constantly reminded me that showing up counts... just get to the gym and establish the routine, later you can work on getting results. Other than working out in the morning my week has been pretty low-key... just running errands and spending time with friends. It's been relaxing :-) One of my college friends and her husband are coming to visit in two weeks! Hooray! And after that it will be almost time to pack up and come home. It's amazing how fast time has gone by these last 2 months.

2 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

I had to laugh when you said all your "friends . . .over 65." At Curves, where I workout, all my "friends" there are older as well. I left today wondering if anyone my age actually works out.

Good fo ryou maing it for a week! Feels good huh?

Gail Rickert said...

Could that be may daughter and husband that is coming to visit you soon. They are so excited about their trip and looking forward to seeing you and Ken. Gail