Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nathaniel Miles

A formal announcement... I'm sure the "secret" is out especially if you look at some of my blog pictures... but I thought I would post a specific announcement. Throughout our time in Israel, we have had the joy of experiencing our first pregnancy! It has been quite an adventure, one we weren't planning to embark on in a foreign land. Since Israelis are on government paid health plans, finding a Doctor that would treat an American was the biggest challenge. We couldn't have found one without the help of our neighbors. They have been such a blessing to us. The pregnancy has gone well, although I felt like throwing up every day for the first 4 months. Doctor visits have gone well too. They are usually very direct and to the point which aligns with the typical Israeli style we've experienced here. When I talked with a Doctor in the US on our home leave I was pleasantly surprised to have a personal conversation with the nurse. She asked how I was feeling and listened to my general questions. It was a completely different experience. Anyway, we found out in August that we were having a boy and decided on the name Nathaniel Aaron Miles (unless anything changes :-). We are very excited and can't wait to see him. Currently he is kicking me in my ribs which is a bit uncomfortable. My belly has grown quite a bit in the last 6 weeks. I'm feeling huge, and have been told I waddle. They weigh me in kilos here which actually makes me feel rather light when the number is under 100 :-) Anyway, we are very excited about our little one and are trying to mentally prepare for yet another adventure begining the end of January.


2 comments:

Shalisa said...

I love to make baby gifts! I'm going to need an address!

Gail Rickert said...

Congratulations on your upcoming bundle of joy. You look good PG.