Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Rain, Lightning, Thunder

Weatherwise, the last two weeks have been completely different than anything we have experienced here. Prior to our home leave I wore tank tops/shorts everyday. The first night we arrived back in Israel there was a big rain storm... but all was clear by morning. Throughout the two weeks it rained off and on, mostly at night. There was some spectacular lightning and thunder along with it too. For the most part the weather didn't affect our tour of Israel, the cooler temperatures actually made the sites easier to visit. However, I am so disappointed that the rain ruined my Tuesday. I had a great finale planned for my parents taking them to the Tel Aviv Safari/Zoo. It was still pretty rainy by the time we arrived and while they offered a slight discount they did warn us that all the animals were doing their best to hide from the rain and that should be factored into our decision on whether we went in or not. Bummer. I tried to negotiate a free entrance but that didn't pan out, so we turned around and continued with our day. Today I woke up with beautiful blue skies, hasn't rained at all. If only I could have traded today's weather for yesterday's.

No comments: