Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I love HOME!

I have really enjoyed being at home in Portland. We have been able to sleep in our own bed and get really hot water for our showers :-) I have been running around like crazy trying to see friends and family while Ken is busy working. Not to worry, he will get a few days off too. It's amazing how wide the streets are here, and everyone stays in their own lane while driving. I went to Winco the other day and my grocery cart went straight forward (not at an angle like they do at SuperSal) and everyone was parked between the lines in thier own parking spot. My mom made a huge pot roast dinner for us on Sunday. It made me think this is the closest I'll get to Thanksgiving dinner this year. It was terrific. Everything is so familiar here... I'm thinking I will just stay here while Ken finishes out his assignment. Actually I can't do that for two reasons. One my neighbors specifically told Ken if I didn't come back with him they would come get me and secondly, my parents are going to travel back with us on Monday! We will be able to show them all of our favorite places and allow them to experience the culture too.

3 comments:

Shalisa said...

Maybe you can have Mountain House freeze dry your Thanksgiving dinner for you right now, and take it back with you, they have a plant in Albany I think. :)

Have fun with your parents! What an exciting time.

Gail Rickert said...

Welcome back home. You and Ken are having such an experience. Enjoy every minute of it. Stephanie and Matt are excited to come and see you. Tell your mom hello for me.

amy in peru said...

Sarah, you can consider yourself very persuasive! You've been there for less than 6 months and your parents are coming for a visit!! We've been 7+ years and they haven't come to visit us... :( sad.
I was thinking it was because you're pregnant, but I even birthed a baby here and they STILL didn't come!!
It's okay though, you ARE pretty special. And I know how much it means to have a visit, and so I am SO happy for you!
I wish we could come too!!! I so wish! I am SO happy for you about that baby, and I LOVE the picture your mom sent! I wish I could be there now and until that baby boy's born!

Love you!
Amy