Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back at our home away from home

We've arrived safe and sound with no issues to report along the way. My mom and dad did really well on the flight. They slept for most of the 12 hour flight from Atlanta to Tel Aviv. Every time I went to check on them they were sleeping. They had the seat in between them free so they were able to stretch out a bit. Ken and I had exit rows with tons of leg room so it worked out well for us. They served pizza on the flight which dad didn't care for. Oh is he in for a big surprise in Israel :-) Actually I already have some ideas of things we can eat that he will enjoy. He says he is okay with going on a diet for the next few weeks.

It was quite muggy when we arrived. Getting the little rental car was fairly painless. I can't believe we fit 6 bags + 4 carry-ons in there with us. We thought we might have Ken and Dad take the train but it wasn't running yet due to the holiday and we would have had to wait for 2 hours. So I sat scrunched in the front seat with a couple pieces at my feet and I couldn't see my parents at all behind the luggage next to them.

We went to bed around 9pm here and were wide awake at 2:30. I asked my parents if they wanted to go for a walk and they said no so Ken and I just ate a few snacks and then went back to sleep. It thundered and poured rain all night but there is blue sky now and temps seem to be in the high 70s. Now its about time to take Ken to work.

2 comments:

amy in peru said...

I'm glad you guys arrived safely. Get your mom to take pictures (I'm sure that won't take too much arm twisting... heheh) and add them on here... can you?

Looking forward to seeing the pictures! Love you.

Amy

Anonymous said...

Good to read the blog again. Have fun with your folks! Bonnie