Sunday, September 7, 2008

It's my Birthday!!!!

Wendy and Bob (our new friends from Portland who also moved to Israel for a short term assignment) had us over for dinner on Saturday night for a birthday dinner. She made the best chocolate cake ever!!!! Actually the entire meal was fabulous but of course the chocolate part was most memorable :-) After dinner we stayed and played Yatzee and card games. It was a lot of fun.

Today, Wendy came over and we scrapbooked the day away. My first time scrapbooking since I've been in Israel. I got a lot done! I think she did too. This afternoon I picked Ken up from work he had a dozen roses and a present for me (3 bags of PB M&Ms and 2 bags of dark chocolate M&Ms). This was my only request. Actually it was a tall order since you can't get them in Israel. I think he had someone bring them on a business trip from the US, but he won't reveal his source.

For dinner we went to the neighbors (Bears) to BBQ chicken skewers on their grill. I told Ken I didn't want to cook today ;-) It ended up being a big party with the Shermans coming over to visit too. I think I ate too much.

2 comments:

NATURE said...

Very nice, view my blog & give ur comment

amy in peru said...

SARAH!! I'm so glad I came here, because although I did NOT forget your birthday... I did forget to say
Happy Birthday!

I love you!
Amy
Trujillo, Peru