Sunday, September 21, 2008

Day 7- Friday

I slept like a rock in my bed. There’s something about being in a familiar place. Around 10:30 or so we went for a walk down the hill to the bakery. She loved the apple filled pastries coated in powdered sugar. Unfortunately we didn’t buy an extra for her to take home with her (they probably wouldn’t last anyway). The hike back up the hill is always a fun one. You feel like you need a huge glass of water and then a shower when you finally make it to our house. But it’s worth the workout for the pastries. Sara packed her suitcases and I got things ready to go back to Portland:-( How sad. I’ve had such a fun week with her. It feels like she got here just yesterday. I had planned to hit Caesarea, the Haifa market, and take a swim in the Mediterranean Sea in the afternoon before heading to the airport today. However, we ran out of time and didn’t make it to the market. Oh well. I took Sara to the airport around 8pm. It was a full week. Ken comes home tomorrow!

No comments: