Sunday, March 17, 2013

Visting Home Part 4

Thursday I got together with Margi again and we walked through the markets where I used to do my grocery shopping. Fun memories. By Noon I was supposed to be at Matam to meet up with Ken and his co-workers. They were going North to Akko for the afternoon and invited me to join them. We caravaned to the ancient Crusader City seaport and walked along the sea wall looking for a little hole in the wall restaraunt that we had been to before. It was hard to recognize since it had been renovated, but I'm sure it was the same place. So we have 10 Americans and unfortunately I'm the best hope of speaking in Hebrew :-( Mostly we pointed at the menus and they started bringing out plates of hummus and salads and pita and more salads. There were probably 30 saucers on the table with 10 different choices. Yes, this is an authentic Arabic meal. It was Good! Half way through the waiter came back to take our order. I think most people were stuffed but we did order a few plates of Kebab and Schnitzel to split among us. Afterwards they brought the bill. Ken was trying to decipher it and eventually the waiter started discussing it with me since I had a little Hebrew to offer. We finally decided the bill was right... or close enough 850NIS for 10 people wasn't too bad. After lunch we walked through the market then headed back to Haifa. Some of his co-workers were flying out that night. We had a quite evening in Haifa... grabbed a crepe at a favorite spot and then went to bed.

No comments: