Sunday, March 17, 2013

Visting Home Part 3

Wednesday was a fun relaxing day with friends in Haifa. In the morning I walked to the swim center where I used to take my water aerobics class to meet with some old friends for coffee. I got there hoping to join them for the class, but it took a while for me to get in and I didn't have the right start time so just as I slipped into the pool they were finishing class. Bummer. Oh well. I enjoyed a nice chat with my friends. I can't believe they still remember me... and some didn't until they motioned to my "big belly" that was no longer there and then the light went on... Yes, the pregnant American girl from 4 years ago! Oh Sweet memories! After class I headed back to the hotel and planned an afternoon shopping with Ima (Ima means Mom in Hebrew and that is what I've always called her from day one. Michal is harder to say in Hebrew... trust me). Afterwards we took some laundry to her house...isn't that just like a Mom to help with laundry? I had expected 75-80 degree days and only packed jeans and long sleeves for the plane rides. By Wednesday I needed something clean to wear :-) That evening I spent dinner with a dear friend who moved from the states to Israel when we were there. They have a passion for helping those with addictions (drugs/alcohol). It was so encouraging to spend time with her and hearing about the last 4 years there. Overall it was a day to re-connect and I loved it.

No comments: