Friday, April 22, 2011

Nursing Strike

Logan has unfortunately decided he is done nursing. While I would like to enjoy the freedom I have been beside myself with the fear that he is not getting the nutrition he needs now. It started last Wednesday when he bit me at the 7pm feeding. I yelped...obviously and then gave him a little flick on the lips. He then refused to eat so I waited till his next feeding at 10pm and he ate just fine (or as normal I should say). The next morning he wouldn't nurse... and hasn't ever since :-( I'm frankly a little gun shy about putting myself out there, but I have and I've been getting either a really grumpy face, extreme crying or bit. I don't particularly care for any of those reactions. I've called the pediatrician... they don't seem alarmed at all. I called a consultant and she said this sometimes happens and he will come back to nursing within a week or so. I also talked to a friend who had the same scenario and she said it took a month for her little girl to get back nursing. So it sounds like there is hope, but continuing to try it (and the time at the pump) is exhausting.

No comments: