Friday, April 15, 2011

E.X.H.A.U.S.T.E.D

The last two weeks have been totally exhausting... I'm thinking I can see a light at the end of the tunnel now though. We had so much fun at the beach that I hardly took notice of a scratch on little Logan's face. I figured it was just a scratch and would go away on its own. Well, it didn't and soon became infected and spread all around his eye and his mouth. Thankfully it didn't affect his demeanor much

After about 5 days or so, I called the advice nurse and they said they wanted to check it out and when I got there to go to the back of the clinic and ring the doorbell for them to come get us. I said, Hmmm sounds like you think we might be contagious? Yep. Turns out he has "infantigo" or a staff infection. Great. At least the visit to the Doctor was productive. Maybe that explains why he hasn't been sleeping well? No sooner did we get the antibiotics for Logan than I came down with a pesky little head cold. Thankful it only stayed for 2 days because Saturday Nate comes down with a 104 temperature.

I think I've slept only 1 hour segments for the last 2 weeks! Nate's temperature was followed by a terrible raspy cough which I ended up taking him in for only to find out he has Croup and if it doesn't get better we can get some steroids for him. Ahhh. Whatever head cold I had didn't completely go away and came back with a vengeance on Wednesday. And since I'm teaching my boys the value of Sharing... I have shared with Logan :-) Thankful Daddy is still standing strong... we are pumping him full of Echinacea and Vitamin C and Airborne. This too shall pass!

No comments: