Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A third tooth has appeared!

I can hardly believe it! It's just barely showing through the gums so I haven't been able to get a picture yet. But trust me it's there and it's sharp! Nathaniel decided to try it out on my forearm yesterday. :-( I think this tooth is causing a lot more pain than the other two did. He was up half the night last night. At 3am I finally broke down and got Daddy involved in trying to soothe him back to sleep. I was surprised how well Ken slept despite the cries in the room next door, how do men do it?

In addition to a new tooth, Nathaniel rolled over twice yesterday. Big day for that little guy. Other than that we have been keeping busy with errands, going to the gym and the chiropractor. Yes, my back is STILL killing me (from labor/picking up my little guy). Yesterday was a good visit and I feel more hopeful about the situation and have high expectations for recovering soon. I was a wreck Friday and totally discouraged so this is a huge shift for me.

Nathaniel's favorite thing to do these days is play with his toys. We have these great stacking blocks (from our friend Laura) that he loves to knock over if we stack them for him. And if they aren't available to knock over, he will grab two and bang them together (thankfully it's not too loud). The loud annoying toys are in the pack and play so that he only has them for a set period of time.

Eating solids is going well. Although daddy has said it's not as fun as he thought it would be. Mostly it's just messy. I'm learning how to keep his hands out of the way and that smashed banana disguises the green bean taste. I'm sad to say gone are the days of the "butter popcorn" smelly poop. At least we haven't had as many blowouts that go up the back. Sorry if that's too much information.

No comments: