Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Birthday fun

This year I celebrated my birthday a few weeks early with Amy and Bethany, so when the day came I wasn't sure what we would do. The 7th actually fell on Labor Day which I thought was interesting having actually experienced labor this year. 32 years ago my mom had a true labor day. Well Nathaniel woke me up at 12:02 so I was aware of my birthday for almost all 24 hours of it :-) He woke up a few times but I did get to "sleep in" till about 9am. Then we walked up the street to go to breakfast at Bethany Village. They have this mom & pop restaurant there that would be a perfect brunch. Unfortunately they were closed :-( Bummer. So we walked back home to get in the car and drove off to Shari's for a nice hash brown skillet. Nathaniel actually sat in a high chair (assisted by our jackets so he wouldn't slouch too much). He was fascinated with the jam packets they provide with your toast.

A friend from college had invited us down to Salem earlier in the week, so we headed south. Nathaniel fell asleep in the car so we just kept driving. We arrived about an hour earlier than we originally planned but it worked out just fine. Steph and Matt are possibly the most easy going fun people we know! Matt put some salmon on the BBQ and Steph made a fabulous salad and potato wedges. It was actually very very good (especially considering seafood is not my favorite). I think salmon is okay now... I will have to have it again sometime. Maybe I did grow up when I was 31? Matt and Ken had gone out to the store and came back with an Ice cream cheesecake. Mmmmm. It was very tasty! We had to leave it at Steph's though it wouldn't survive the hour drive to Portland. So I ate two pieces :-)

4 comments:

Diane said...

wow that sounds like a great birthday day... Now I will make salmon for you more often

Hollace said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah, and celebrate as often as you can!

red-headed Wilson's said...

happy Birthday Sarah! Glad you had a good day.

Gail Rickert said...

Picture looks good of my two favorite girls. I was telling someone about our exciting adventures in Hawaii 9 years ago. Can that be possible. Good memories. Happy Belated Birthday Sarah from turn around mama. Love ya.