Friday, August 15, 2008

Brunch

Ken's co-worker invited us out for brunch this morning. We accepted and wondered what brunch would be like here in Israel. Maybe lots of cheese and yougurt? We reached the restaraunt and looked at the menu (all in Hebrew). Rachel and her husband was nice enough to try and translate. We decided on plate that consisted of 2 eggs, salad, 2 types of cheese and olives. I'm not sure what they had; one looked like a spinach quiche with herring and the other plate had eggs and eggplant cooked together. It looked interesting. I was glad to have regular old scrambled eggs :-) We had a nice time with them, the restaraunt was a little cafe outside. The only downside to eating outside is you run the risk of getting in the way of bird droppings falling from the sky. Yes I know its a small risk but apparently I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and got a little splatter from the friendly flyer up above :-( One good thing about hanging out with friends that have children is that they always have wet wipes :-) I just got a very small dropping on me so it didn't ruin my day. All part of the adventure...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah and Ken,
I have been silently enjoying your posts and checking RSS feeds as you post. Today is just too funny. Target practice from 30 feet up. Now is the time to break out your sombrero hats from Mexico that you surely brought for protection. Keep up the excellent blog post.