Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Mother's Day

My day (weekend rather) was very special spending time with my boys. They took me out breakfast on Saturday morning and then we headed off to a Tball game. Sunday morning the boys decided to take me to the beach. We drove out to Astoria and climbed the tower hoping for a view. The skies were cloudy but it was so worth the hike. A family at the top shared their balsa wood airplanes with us and we enjoyed watching them all drift in the wind for what seemed like minutes before they finally got lost in the trees. After grabbing a few planes in the bushes we headed of to Ft. Stevens Park and visited the shipwreck at the beach. Nathaniel enjoyed looking for sea jewels (shells) and we made an attempt at a sand castle. It was a bit cold, but hey, that's the Oregon Coast. We came back from the beach in time to have dinner with Mom at my brother's house. On Monday Nathaniel said, "Your the best mom, and Mother's Day is the best day." L.O.V.E.

No comments: