Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Science Fair

Nate participated in his first science fair. I will admit I was less than enthusiastic when he brought home papers about it 6 weeks ago. Parents usually end up carrying the weight of these projects right? But no matter how much I tried to dissuade him he persisted.... and I caved in. And I'm glad I did. He has been having lots of fun with experiments ever since we made our science labs at the build and grow Saturday morning clinic at the local hardware store. He wanted to make a volcano for the science fair. (I'm thinking what a huge mess this is going to be!) But we pressed on... and actually had lots of fun with baking soda and vinegar. Logan had fun too. Putting together the board for the fair was not as much fun, but we got through it. There was only one other kindergartener that participated in the fair. He got a "participant medal" and is convinced he took first place. I overheard the other kids telling him how awesome his experiment was. It was so fun!

No comments: