Sunday, September 8, 2013

Homeschool Pre-K Letter X

So I will unashamedly say I'm not ready for my little guy to go off to school. I know a lot of moms sending their children off, but I can't bear the thought. So we are going to do a sort of Preschool at home this year, just to make sure he's up on his letters, and numbers. I found a letter of the week curriculum online that was inexpensive and follows an outline of the Bible. So the letters are out of order but I figure there are enough toys around singing the correct order they won't be confused. So this week we started with the letter X and went on a treasure hunt around the house rounding up school supplies and a Bible to help us on our journey. We made our own binoculars. My boys love craft time. In the car as we drive around town we look for the letter X. Our snacks sometimes had an X theme. And we had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

red-headed Wilson's said...

Love it. I used to do my own home school in the summers. I would prepare for months before figuring out crafts, books to read, things to do that went with whatever theme we had. I loved that.

Looks like they had a great time.