Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Portland pedal with Dad

It's not often my Dad and I get to do something just the two of us. Quite honestly I'm a bit jealous that Ken is always getting to do 1-1 projects with Dad (even if they are house projects). So when I found out he was doing the Bridge Pedal by himself I got him to invite me to join him. It was a lot of fun, althoug I was saddle sore the next day. It was pretty cool riding over the Marquam and the Freemont and stopping to overlook the city. And I totally get why this is the perfect ride for Dad. Every other bridge had a station inviting us to stop and try a granola bar or eat bananas, yogurt and cookies. And the finish line had ice cream! Perfect ride for someone with a sweet tooth! It was a special day for me. One I will treasure always.

No comments: