Tuesday, September 27, 2011

65 Degrees!

It's the range of motion I have been working towards for my right thumb knuckle. For the last 3 months I've slowly been making progress on getting my thumb to move again after my rather disruptive "minor surgery" which removed a pyogenic granuloma. I had no idea what I was getting into on June 2nd when I went to the dermatologist. I was bit nervous to have this growth removed off my thumb but figured it would only take a few days at most to get back to normal. Well my thumb was immoble for 6 weeks during which time my joint stiffened up. After a few weeks of working on it by myself I realized I need and Occupational Therapist. The therapy sessions have proved very helpful and little by little I have made progress. I still can't do a few things like I used to, but I'm so thankful for the part that has been restored.
Sorry if this is too gross. This is my thumb the first week of June.

No comments: