Saturday, May 29, 2010

Survived our first tumble

It was probably the most traumatic for me.... Nathaniel and I were at the park just down the street and he was exploring the area. He went to climb the stairs which we have done many times before and he tripped and bit the second stair. He was just screaming! I scooped him up and there was blood coming out his mouth and nose. What to do? What to do! I had walked to the park and was totally unprepared :-( I just held him. After a few minutes (and blood all over my shirt) he stopped crying and just wanted to snuggle. I was still trying to see where the cut was and if he still had all his teeth. Nathaniel didn't like me prying around, he seemed to calm down and the bleeding stopped so we walked home and took at bath. He was back to his normal self by then and just wanted to splash around in the tub. I however was still traumatized and vow we will never go to the park with the mean stairs again! I know. I am going to have 2 boys and these things will happen. So thankful it wasn't worse.

3 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

i remember Ethan's first. you will always remember it. We still go the same park but now when I see little innocent babies climbing the weird stairs I warn all mothers. :)

Glad you made it out!

Diane said...

Sarah you did a great job and reacted just like any mom would.. yes you will always remember the falls and hurts your kids will have and even wish that you would get hurt instead of your kids. you did well Sarah, kids bounce back... Just be there to HUG THEM.. Love ya

momaof4 said...

Oh, my! With 2 boys, you will have so many bumps and blood and bruses...I don't even know how they get SO MANY!

But those big hurts you will remember. And they most likely will to :) But they do just want to be held and loved. You did good. Stay calm and they will calm down too. HUGS!