Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mr Grumpy Pants

This little boy is refusing naps :-( Uggh. We are on a week now of extreme crying anytime I put him in his crib for a nap. The only positive I see here is that he is going down for bed at night really well since he is soooo tired. I know they say babies go through phases and just when you figure it out they will switch it on you. Well, it's true... and until you experience it you don't realize how well you were doing. What a TURKEY! For a while there he was doing a 2 hour nap in the morning and 2 hour nap in the afternoon. I guess I got used to it. Now he won't sleep (unless we are in the car... and I can't drive to the beach every day to make sure he gets a long nap!) and won't play with his toys on his own. I know you guys don't believe me... when he sees anyone else he is all smiles and happy. It's just with mom that he needs me to hold him every moment and for my sanity I do.

3 comments:

red-headed Wilson's said...

Isn't it funny how wonderful they are around family. I always grumbled about my kids but the grandma's would never really believe how bad it was. :)

I used the book Healthy Sleep Habit, Happy Child. It gave me timelines for the first 2 years on when they should start to kick to one nap, etc, etc. LOVED that book.


PS, thanks for the sleeping under the tree idea. Our pastor mentioned it two years ago and Alicia really wanted to but we never did. I think they are at a good age for it now. So I am glad you reminded me!!!!

Stephanie said...

Both my girls started to fight naps when they were around 8-9 months old. We were all grumpy for a couple weeks, and then they settled back into the nap routine.

Hang in there! He'll figure out that naps are a good thing :)

momaof4 said...

Oh, I willpray he sleeps!! I hate when they give up naps.