Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Sabbatical Roadtrip Day 26

Bryce Canyon was stunningly beautiful. If I ever have a chance to come back I would definitely put Bryce on my list! We stopped at the Visitor Center for our Jr. Ranger Badge Booklets and then headed out to explore. The road into the park is only 18 miles long. So we made it to the far end first and then worked our way to the beginning in hopes of avoiding congestion. There were some fabulous views, and we took a few short hikes. Logan and I hiked part way into the Sunset Trail but it was late in the day. I would love to go back with 2 hours and hike the paths winding between the "hoodoo" rock formations. Wow! We went back to the hotel to rest and grab something to eat. Somehow we got a second wind and decided to drive back out to Bryce for a sunset view. We were able to catch a short ranger presentation at a campground and see the stars without all the city lights.

No comments: